DI Georg Güntner
|Position:||Research & Development|
|Department:||Smart Digital Twins|
|E-Mail:||Send an e-mail|
Georg Güntner is vice-head of the “Internet of Things” research group and head of the thematic area “Industrial Internet” at Salzburg Research. The focus of his research is on the acceptance and use of Internet technologies and the Internet of Things in the manufacturing and maintenance sector. Further areas of interest cover semantic technologies, knowledge representation and enterprise information integration.
Georg Güntner has been working in a leading position in a series of national and international research projects. He conducted the exploratory project “Maintenance 4.0” which investigated the implications, challenges and requirements of “Industry 4.0” in the maintenance sector. Between 2000 and 2013, Georg was managing director of the Austrian Centre of Excellence in New Media, Salzburg New Media Lab (www.newmedialab.at). In this multi-project research program leading organisations in the media industry and utilities worked on innovative solutions for semantic data integration.
In parallel to his position as senior researcher and project manager at Salzburg Research, Georg Güntner has been working as lecturer for the Universities of Applied Sciences in Salzburg (media asset management) and in Kufstein (project management).
- Member of the Networked Electronic Media (NEM) Initiative (www.nem-initiative.org)
- Member of the des Business & Scientific Board of evolaris next level (www.evolaris.net)
- Member of the supervisory board of Salzburg Research
- Representative of Salzburg Research in the „Digital Networked Data“ platform (networkeddata.at)
- Co-ordinator of the Maintenance Competence Center (MCC)
Personal homepage: www.georg-guentner.at