We are offering: Cloud Software Designer (m/f)
Salzburg Research’s IOT group is active (as coordinator and research partner) in several EU ICT projects as well as in large national R&D projects, always in collaboration with industry partners. We follow a permissive open source strategy (typically Apache 2.0 or similar) that makes it possible for partners and employees alike, to re-use our results for commercial or academic follow-up.
We are now entering a new large scale European project and have several national and European projects ongoing. We therefore want to extend and strengthen our team:
Cloud Software Designer (m/f) development and deployment of Internet Platforms
Salzburg Research is an ICT research and development firm financed to one third by local government and to two thirds by external research contracts. We are over 60 people organized in four research groups.
You have a BSc degree in software engineering and solid experience in developing microservice-based systems, or MSc/PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering with a solid background in cloud-related software development and Internet Platforms, and you enjoy applied research and development. We are specifically looking for people who are developing open source software, and who are well versed in Java or Python.
In order to qualify for the job, you need to have significant practical knowledge in the described areas and the willingness to spend the next three years with us. We typically offer open-term contracts so as long as we are successful as a group, you will have the opportunity to work with us.
You are knowledgeable in the latest cloud and Internet Platform technologies and you have already a strong understanding of microservices architectures and an extended experience in developing microservices:
- Experience with DevOps tools including Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Jenkins CI (Continuous Integration) processes and systems, etc.
- Experience in API design and development of RESTful services, e.g. using JSON
- Experience in designing data persistence layers using NOSQL and SQL databases,
- Experience in database management, data visualization, data transformation and migration
- Event streaming and design of messaging patterns for microservices (RabbitMQ, Kafka Streams, Kafka Connect, IBM Message Hub and other streaming and messaging platforms,
- Experience with authentication (OAuth2, OpenID Connect) and authorization of APIs
- Experience with test driven development (TDD) to ensure code and design quality
The gross annual salary for 38.5 hours per week is at least EUR 41.454,00 according to the research collective agreement in the E1 level with the possibility of overpayment. The actual classification is based on your qualification and experience.
Salzburg is one of the most sought-after destinations in the world for quality of life so it’s a place that you can also proudly show to your parents or your friends – take them for hikes in the mountains or for skiing when you’re on holiday!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!