GRISINO – Grid, Semantics and Intelligent Objects
The GRISINO research project combines Grid computing, semantic web services and intelligent objects.
The GRISINO research project combines “Grid computing”, “semantic web services” and “intelligent objects” in order to create an example of the future, enhanced infrastructure of the World Wide Web. In the future, more and more human activities will become at least partly, “virtualised” which means they will take place with support of the World Wide Web. The GRISINO research project combines “Grid computing”, “semantic web services” and “intelligent objects” in order to create an example of the future, enhanced infrastructure of the World Wide Web. The major result of the project will be an experimental software prototype which will demonstrate how this infrastructure should be designed and how it will improve collaboration amongst people and machines over the World Wide Web.
The aim of GRISINO is to combine three leading edge technologies
- Semantic Web Services as the future standard for the declaration of web-based semantic processes.
- Knowledge content objects to combine knowledge-based computing with content engineering.
- Grid Computing as a novel, high-performance infrastructure for a future environment of ubiquitous computing services.
The technologies will be combined by jointly developing a test bed for experimentation with complex processes and complex objects (e.g. semantically annotated multimedia business objects). There are three fundamental research questions associated with the experimental test bed:
- Context sensitivity of complex processes: how can services “understand” knowledge based content in order to support “intelligent processes”?
- Semantic service awareness of complex objects: how can knowledge based content objects be specified in order to support the web services e.g. when a content object enters a new usage environment?
- Integrated grid-enabled semantic web services and objects infrastructure: how can object-aware semantic web services and semantic-web service-aware “intelligent” objects be integrated into a common GRID computing infrastructure?