Study Participants Wanted
As part of the Digital Motion research initiative, we are looking for skiers to do a test day in the Schladming-Dachstein region in Ski amadé for a scientific study.
Field Study: Multidimensional Recording of the Load During a Day of Skiing
In the context of the study, the skiers are subjected to intense stress by having to make short and optimal turns over several runs. Among other things, the heart and breathing rate, the swing rhythm and the swing quality (carving score), the subjectively perceived vitality and exhaustion as well as the attentiveness are recorded.
The study aims to clarify how fatigue works. Of particular interest is what changes in attention, muscular and cardiovascular fatigue occur and how the swing quality and the susceptibility to errors change.
For this we are looking for study participants:
- Male, 18-40 years
- Student at an Austrian university or member of the Alpine Club
- Advanced skier level; Ability to perform ski turns using a clock rate (80 / minute
- 1x test day on the slopes with 10 runs (1 sightseeing trip + 9 trips with time schedule)
- 1x test day in the laboratory
- February/March 2021
- 1 test day on the Schladminger Planai in Ski amadé
- 1 dates in the sports center Rif
Together we would like to find out how running affects vitality in the long term!
- Day ticket on the Schladminger Planai (day ticket Ski amadé)
- Round trip to Schladming
Registration for the Study
IFFB Sport- und Bewegungswissenschaft / USI
AG: Sportpädagogik, Sportpsychologie und Sportsoziologie