MobilityLab – Sun Center of Excellence
The MobilityLab is a Center of Excellence on Engineering of Location-based Services (LBS). It is a joint initiative between industry and research. The MobilityLab constitutes a laboratory that strives for improving the engineering process of LBS by conducting research and development on technical as well as methodological issues. It combines concrete industrial needs with scientific results. Ultimately, this will lead to cost-effective and user-friendly mobile or location-based services.
The MobilityLab Services
The MobilityLab offers a range of services regarding mobile applications and location-based services.
- Studies: We conduct surveys, case studies, and examinations on topics related to mobile markets or technologies.
- Consulting: We analyse your requirements and needs regarding problems or potential product ideas and propose solutions.
- Knowledge Transfers: We run and organise knowledge transfers into industry and academia by seminars, workshops, and conferences.
- Concepts: We devise and examine concepts and best-practices on design, implementation, and test of mobile applications.
- Implementations: We develop proof-of-concepts, prototypes, and pilot systems.
- Funded Research Projects: We offer our service to establish and submit joint project proposals for national and international funding programs.
- The Location-based Travel Guide of Tripwolf
- The BlueVote application for votings with mobile phones
- The Location-based Treasure Hunting with mobile phones
- The mobile TagIT application for geo-referenced photos and comments
- Real-time presence indication for mobile users
- The Find and Shake the Spot Geo-Game based on SunSPOT Technology
- Semacode based voting application
- The Tour Guide for Skiers and Hikers