Management Extended for Another Five Years
Dr. Siegfried Reich has been Managing Director of the Salzburg Research Research Association since 2003. The Pongau native was now reappointed for the next five years.
Univ.-Doz. Dr. Siegfried Reich
- 52 years, born in St. Johann/Pongau
- Studied administrative computer science at the Johannes Kepler University Linz (1987-1992)
- Doctorate at the University of Vienna (1992-1995)
- Post-Doc and Lecturer at Dept. of Electronics & Computer Science, University of Southhampton, U.K. (1996-1999)
- Habilitation (venia docendi) for “Applied Computer Science” at the Faculty of Science, University of Linz (2000) Honorary professor at the Paris Lodron University Salzburg (2012)
People, products and machines are on the move and increasingly wirelessly networked. This enormous dynamic offers new opportunities for society and the economy. With Motion Data Intelligence we make the movement of things measurable, link them reliably, develop software for meaningful analyses and thus increase added value and efficiency.
Salzburg Research, as an independent research institute, offers know-how and sustainable solutions for complex challenges in the Internet of Things and is the first point of contact in the areas of mobility & smart region and health & sports. We are a think tank for innovative companies from a wide range of industries and the public sector – internationally oriented and committed to the region.
The institute was founded in 1996 and is located in the Science City Itzling. The state of Salzburg is the sole owner of the non-profit GmbH. Salzburg Research employs around 70 people and has an annual turnover of around 6 million euros.