Confidence nominated for the Futurezone Award
The Austrian news website futurezone examines the most innovative ideas in the fields of healthcare, lighting and lifestyle.
Until October 30th, 2014, all users can vote and so determine this year’s Innovation Award winners.
Confidence is an assisting system for smartphones, designed to help older people with dementia in coping with everyday life as independently as possible. The system for smartphones recalls taking medication, gives clothing tips, points the way home or helps in contacting relatives. The system was developed by Salzburg Research, ilogs, developed the aid organization Salzburg and other partners.
Advantages of Confidence:
- Custom User Interface: CONFIDENCE builds on an iterative user-centered design. Potential users are actively involved in the development project since its inception.
- Combination of technology and personal assistance
- Combination of different services: By combining different services different needs of end-users may be covered.
- Integrated support for formal and informal carers: care providers and family members; Involvement of volunteers to relieve the family support.
- Flexible system: CONFIDENCE is easily adaptable and extendable and is focusing on affordable commodity hardware.
- Tested in three European countries: The inclusion of older persons and the user tests with more than 120 users were conducted by three nursing facilities in Austria, Romania and Switzerland: Hilfswerk Salzburg, Ana Aslan, terzStiftung.
- Available in 3 languages, easily expandable.
CONFIDENCE was awarded as the best European AAL project (Jury Award + Audience Award) at the international AAL Forum 2014 in Bucharest (Romania).
More information about the project:
- Official project site: www.confidence4you.eu
- German-language project: