Mag. Wernher Behrendt MSc
|Position:||Forschung & Entwicklung|
|Bereich:||Smart Digital Twins|
Wernher Behrendt is Senior Researcher at Salzburg Research. He is co-ordinator of the IKS Project which is bringing semantic technologies to open source content management systems. One of his on-going research interests is the notion of knowledge content objects which are intended to capture human-readable knowledge as well as the „translation“ of that knowledge into machine-readable representations.
Another „mediating passion“ for Wernher is to bring computer science to the Humanities, because he believes that computing gives the humanities not only productivity tools, but also a chance for philosophical dialogue leading to a new common understanding of the world. Likewise, the humanities give software engineers insights into the marvellous complexity of human cognition and communication, leading to a deeper appreciation of what computers can do and why computer software sometimes makes us scream in frustration.
Wernher thinks that looking at „heroic failures“ in the history of computer science is more educating than bragging about „new breakthrough technology“. He also believes – contrary to others – that the human brain has no hard limit on its capacity to remember things and he is convinced that knowledge NEVER gets outdated. In fact, if something gets outdated then that’s because it did not capture enough or the right, knowledge! Remember this when you look at the next bit of outdated technology. :-)
Projektkoordination bei folgenden Projekten
- HWS – Platform-based AI System for Human Motion Analysis to optimize Ergonomics of Hybrid Work Systems in Industry
- MMAssist II
- NIMBLE – Collaborative Network for Industry, Manufacturing, Business and Logistics in Europe
- METOKIS – Methodology and Tools Infrastructure for the Creation of Knowledge Units
- DynamOnt – Methoden zur Erstellung von dynamischen Ontologien
- ImportNet – Intelligente, modulare Open-Source Plattform für interkulturelle und Cross-Domain KMU-Netzwerke
- CULTOS – Multimediales Wissensmanagement
- IKS – Interactive Knowledge Stack