Researcher wanted – with focus on geographic information processing in automated & connected mobility
An exciting niche between science and industry with new technological challenges is waiting for a long-term reinforcement in part-time or full-time.
Where do you locate yourself in the future?
People, products and machines are on the move and increasingly wirelessly networked. This enormous dynamic offers new opportunities for business and society. With Motion Data Intelligence, we make the movement of people and things measurable, link them reliably, develop algorithms for meaningful analyses and thus increase added value and efficiency.
As an independent research institute, Salzburg Research offers know-how and sustainable solutions for complex challenges in the Internet of Things. We are a think tank for innovative companies from a wide range of industries and the public sector – internationally oriented and committed to the region.
In the Mobile & Transport Analytics (MTA) research group, we develop and evaluate methods and technologies for the collection, analysis and visualisation of georeferenced sensor and localisation data.
- Analysis & visualisation of spatio-temporal data from the field of mobility & transport with common tools such as QGIS
- Work with high-precision georeferenced data such as high definition maps, lidar point clouds, high-frequency localisation data
- (Further) development & evaluation of spatio-temporal analysis methods in research projects based on Python and/or Java
- System support of mobile data acquisition (mobile sensors, test vehicle, test bicycle)
- Willingness to carry out field tests (procedures or prototypes)
- Participation in (inter-)national research or contract projects as well as in their acquisition
- Scientific publications in German & English
- Completed or about to complete a technical/university degree in the field of geo/informatics or related subjects
- Practical experience with GIS software, ideally QGIS
- Experience with (geo) databases as well as OGC services (WMS, WFS), preferably with geoservers
- Experience with geodata in the mobility & transport environment (OpenStreetMap, GIP, Lanelet2) is an advantage
- Experience in motion data analysis, data mining & web GIS technologies is an advantage
- Good English skills
We particularly encourage women to apply and become part of an exciting and creative work environment at the meaningful interface between non-profit research and business application. We give preference to women with equal qualifications in order to be able to integrate the different perspectives of the sexes equally at all levels.
Further career steps are developed together with all employees in a tailor-made manner and the individual work-life balance is supported by flexible framework conditions.
The annual salary for full-time (38.5 hours/week) is at least EUR 44,478 gross according to the research collective agreement at level E1 with the possibility of overpayment. The actual grading is based on the respective qualifications and relevant experience.
Please send the application with the identifier [MTA] to
We look forward to hearing from you!