Data Scientist with doctoral intentions wanted – “Intelligent Connectivity”
An exciting niche between science and business with new technological challenges is now waiting for reinforcement on a part-time or full-time basis.
Help shape the networks of the future!
The Intelligent Connectivity research group conducts applied research in the field of communication technologies and measurement infrastructures. We work on and combine cutting-edge topics such as 5G networks, Software Defined Networking, network measurements and Artificial Intelligence and thus actively shape the future of networks!
In the IDA-LAB, which is run jointly with Paris Lodron University Salzburg (PLUS), we research intelligent communication technologies and have a dissertation topic at the exciting interface between basic and applied research.
and applied research, we have a dissertation topic to offer. Further details about the Lab can be found at: https://ida-lab.sbg.ac.at.
Field of activity
- Automation of communication solutions with machine learning
- Evaluation of network measurements using artificial intelligence methods
- Scientific work: Publications, presentations, conferences in DE/EN
- Completed university studies (Master/Diplom) in the field of computer science/mathematics/data science or related subjects
- Very good knowledge of data analysis (R, Matlab or similar)
- Interest in complex data analysis (machine learning) and scientific issues
- Programming skills, preferably Java or Python are an advantage
The annual salary is at least EUR 44,478.00 gross for 38.5 hours/week according to the Research Collective Agreement 2021 at level E1 with the possibility of overpayment.
The actual grading is based on the respective qualifications and experience. In the case of a full-time position, 50% of the working time is planned for the preparation of the dissertation at IDA-LAB and the remaining working time is planned as regular employment in other projects of Salzburg Research – Intelligent Connectivity research group.
We look forward to hearing from you!